Saturday, April 2, 2011

General Conference


It is Conference weekend! What a wonderful opportunity we have to listen to the inspired words of those called to lead this Church. It is a perfect time for us to receive answers and guidance.

Consider these words of Wendy Watson Nelson as she spoke of a time in her mid-twenties when she was pondering the question of whether or not to marry the man she was engaged to:

"In preparation for April general conference, which was just two weeks away, my Bishop taught me a truth I had never known before. Although I hadn't spoken to him about my engagement or my concerns, when my Bishop offered this truth over the pulpit, he was speaking to me. He didn't use my name-but I knew-he was talking directly to me. He even let others listen in. But clearly, he was speaking to me.

"Here's the truth my Bishop spoke: "If you have a question that you need answered, if you will prayerfully and humbly listen to general conference, you will get it answered every time. Perhaps at the time, perhaps over time, but you WILL get your question answered every time!""

(Click here to read the entire talk from her March 2002 BYU-I Devotional)

It is our prayer that each of you may feel the Spirit of the Lord as you watch and listen to Conference this weekend, and that you may receive the answers, comfort, and guidance you are in need of.

No comments:

Post a Comment