Sunday, December 2, 2012

All Dogs Go To Heaven



We read the most tender story the other day. It was about a 4 year old little girl named Meredith. Meredith's dog, named Abbey, died. Meredith was distraught after Abbey's death. Her mom suggested that she write a letter to Heaven, asking that they take good care of Abbey. Here is her letter...

Dear God,
Will you please take special care of our dog, Abbey? She died yesterday and is in Heaven. We miss her very much. We are happy that you let us have her as our dog even though she got sick. I hope that you will play with her. She likes to play with balls, and swim before she got sick. I am sending some pictures of her so that when you see her in Heaven you will know she is our special dog. I really do miss her.

Love,
Meredith Claire

P.S. Mommy wrote the words after Mer told them to her.

Meredith put a bunch of stamps on the envelope (as she told her mom that it would take a lot of stamps to get it to Heaven...). Her mom took her to the post office and allowed her to mail it. A few days later she received a gold package in the mail. Inside was a copy of Mr. Rogers' book "When A Pet Dies," and a letter. The letter read:

Dear Mer,

I know that you will be happy to know that Abbey arrived safely and soundly in Heaven! Having the pictures you sent to me was such a big help.I recognized Abbey right away. 

You know, Meredith, Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me--just like it stays in your heart--young and running and playing. Abbey loved being your dog, you know...

Thank you for the beautiful letter. Thank your mother for sending it. What a wonderful mother you have! I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I am in Heaven, and wherever there is love.

Love, 
God, and the special angel who wrote this after God told her the words.

May God bless the kind person who took the time to be an instrument in His hands, to ease the worry and heartache of this young child...And may He bless us to be in tune enough, to be this kind of gift for another in need...


No comments:

Post a Comment